In conjunction with IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2022), 21-25 March, 2022.
The social distancing, imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic has seriously modified our lifestyle, impacting also the way we access primary care. The concentration of medical and sanitary resources on COVID-19 emergency has caused a reduction of attention to non-COVID-19 related pathologies. As an example, chronic patients at home, ageing people that are the most fragile but also the whole population in general have seen reduced the routine medical visits and postponed specialized visits. As a final effect, COVID-19 has determined a worsening of the general medical support perceived by the population, from the point of view of physical contact with doctors, prevention and healthcare assistance.
To reduce this gap healthcare can benefit from new paradigms, methods, systems, and tools that offer healthcare services to patients, while preserving social distancing. Never like before Telemedicine and e-Health, treasuring the pervasive computing and communication technologies that are today available (IoT, Artificial Intelligence, 5G...), can stimulate the evolution and the introduction of new paradigms enabling a new healthcare ecosystem where the access to primary cares is easier and safer for the general public, in particular those living in remote areas.
Accordingly, the perspective of medical care is a change of the paradigm “patient-to-the-hospital” into the new paradigm “hospital/doctor-near-to-the-patient”, bringing doctor and care close to the patient, also locally providing tools for the advanced diagnostics.
The TELMED Workshop will investigate the design, realisation and assessment of innovative computing, networking, and communication technologies as enablers to improve and sustain the access to various services all supporting remote health care. These technologies can answer these new challenges, stimulating the introduction of new products, systems, devices, and tools for ensuring a continuous, efficient, and effective health monitoring and medical assistance. The objective is to support patients at their home as well as caregivers and sanitary operators during their everyday management of patients, and citizens accessing primary care.
The TELMED workshop invites and calls for participation both representatives of academia and industry across the world interested in discussing on the last evolution of Telemedicine and e-Health to answer to new societal needs in the era of social distancing ensuring an easy and safe access to primary care, improving the quality of life of the citizens.
Authors of academia and industry are encouraged to submit full papers describing original, previously unpublished research results, not currently under review by another conference or journal, addressing forefront research and development in the area of Telemedicine and e-Health with a particular focus on, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Technologies and applications enabling remote medical monitoring and tutoring in the new era of social distancing.
- New solutions, systems, models, applications to ensure the access to medical or primary cares respecting the social distancing.
- Artificial intelligence in Telemedicine and e-Health in support of social distancing in the medical domain.
- Medical telediagnosis tools and applications.
- Telemedicine and e-Health to support critical patients (ageing people, chronic patients, pregnancies and infants, oncologic patients) in the era of COVID-19.
- Telemedicine and e-Health solutions to reduce hospitalization.
- Communications and networking technologies supporting Telemedicine and e-Health to ensure social distancing.
- Data fusion and context elaboration in Telemedicine and e-Health for social distancing.
- Field trials, new applications and experiments of Telemedicine and e-Health ensuring social distancing.
- Security and privacy issues in Telemedicine and e-Health.
Each accepted workshop paper requires a full PerCom registration. No registration for workshop only is available.
Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE digital libraries (Xplore) and in Scopus Database.
|Submission (via EDAS):|
|Camera-ready:||Feb. 5, 2022|
|Registration:||same as main conference PerCom 2022 papers registration (no workshop-only registration)|